All these coatings are multi-functional and have a range of performance options: fire resistance, thermal insulation, acoustic correction and attenuation.
They also come with numerous certifications: CE marking, Acermi, DoP; their application is validated by official European records.
In order to select the most suitable product, the project manager has to specify the following:
- the product's expected or required performance (fire resistance, acoustic correction, thermal insulation)?
- whether the product will be subject to physical damage
- whether weight is an issue
- whether price is the basic criterion for selection
- whether speed of implementation is important
- whether it is difficult to access the building
- whether there will be any interaction with other trades
- whether the product will be used in an air circulation plenum
- whether the product is easy to repair
- and lastly, whether the appearance and type of finish is an issue